Wednesday, February 11, 2009

No Honey, I Didn't Make National News!


You may have to revisit yesterdays post to completely understand what happened today. In a nutshell, while vacuuming my mini-van my scarf accidentally was sucked from my neck leaving me in a temporary panic.

Not to worry. Despite the lack of telephone booths, I was still able to go into Super Mommy Mode and save myself. Thanks to all who left comments. It's nice to know my pain is shared and laughed at by the rest of the world.

O.K. then. Fast forward 24 hours. Phone Rings. It's Hubby.

"Oh thank God you answered," he says.

"Our three year old is to short to reach the phone," I reply.

"I just read an article on CNN.com. It's about a girl who got stuck in the car wash when one of the machines grabbed the scarf from her neck."

"Shut Up," I say.

"Seriously, I thought about what happened to you yesterday, and..."

"You thought I went back for some more?" "My God, what's wrong with you?"

"Anyway, you're fine," he says with incredible admiration. (Made up that part)

"I'm O.K." "Wait a minute, if she was in her car, how did the machine grab her scarf?"

"She wasn't in her car, she works there."

"Oh, I thought I had a bad day yesterday." "Anyway, thanks for caring honey, luv ya!"

Note to self: Future car cleanings will take place in the driveway. Future phone calls from Hubby will be screened for sarcasm.

2 comments:

The Hapa Girl said...

Laughing Out Loud!

Kathy B! said...

Oh, I do love your blog :) Thank God you weren't taken from us by the car wash/vacuum/dishwasher :)