Monday, February 23, 2009

It Should Have Been Sunday!


So the kids have been on an antibiotic for a week now. I was figuring that I could start this week off fresh and germ free, but instead I was startled at 6:45 am by blood curdling screams. I ran upstairs only to find I had gone into the wrong child's room. The screams were coming from Scooter.

I assumed that it would be Potter since he had missed 3 days of school last week. His only problem it turns out was he thought it was Sunday (bummer). So it took a little longer than normal to get that school uniform on him.

When I finally made it to Scooter's room, he was screaming he needed me, and that he had to go to the bathroom. OK I thought, not too much of an emergency. But as I picked him out of his bed, I could feel the fever right through his pajamas. Poor guy was burning up. I skipped the morning routine, and instead wrapped him in a blanket and brought him down to the couch. Every good mother knows that most cooties can be dissolved with a dose of cartoons.

As I took care of problem #1(Scooter), Problem #2(Hubby) called on the phone. Turns out he came to his senses half way to work when he began sweating at a red light. He was not ready to return. Maybe next time he'll listen when I say not everything can be cured with a pack of Halls and a bottle of Mucinex.

I tried my best at completing my normal Monday routine (4 loads of laundry, vacuum, and register Scooter for Pre-school (sob!) I will need another post to discuss the four years that seem to have flown by, and yet another post to discuss the amount I plan to spend on psychologist bills so that I may get through the process of letting someone else take care of my baby for the day.

Seems I'm done here for now. I have not lost my sense of humor, just my sense of direction, and my mind! Warmer days are coming!

1 comment:

Kathy B! said...

Shoot, you're picking up where out household left with all the rampant cooties. Wash those hands well mommy maestro! Also, knocking on wood, crossing your fingers, and a four leaf clover might come in handy -- you do not want that cootie.