Saturday, February 21, 2009

I Won! I Won!


So I returned from a day of doing taxes and occupying children while my husband tried recuperating from this awful cold. Of course first on my agenda was to check email. I had 27 new ones waiting for me. As I'm deleting one by one, something catches my eye.... the word Congratulations!

Despite the many scams that are usually associated with this word, one can not help but pause just to see if there is a slight chance of good fortune. Lucky me, my pause was worth every bit of time.

See, about a month ago, I entered a writing contest on HumorPress.com. Turns out I was named a semi-finalist. Also turns out, someone thinks I'm funny besides my kids. Well, that's good news all around. If you would like to check out my article titled "Soap Opera: A Reality Show" please go to HumorPress.com. Click on winners and scroll down to Semi-Finalist.

I'm stoked! I didn't even have a speech planned. Well, this blog will have to do. Of all weekends for this to happen: Oscar Weekend! I feel like a star. I should have picked out a dress, or had my hair done. Who am I kidding? I think I'll just settle for a hot bath, and a tall glass of wine. Cheers!

6 comments:

Kathy B! said...

Well I have to say that I'm not surprised in the least! I love your acerbic humor, and your straight to the point style. I hope you got your bubble bath and your tall glass of wine. You deserve it!

And now I can say I knew you when... Maybe when I grow up I'll be a writer like you :)

Kathy B! said...

OH! Can we vote or do anything to further your progress?!?!

Mary K Brennan said...

Kath B, you're so incredibly awesome. I'm actually involved in another contest, but I won't know all the info. until the 25th. I'll keep you posted

Insanitykim said...

Congrats to you! Do a happy happy dance!

Hccm said...

Today is a very big day in the Where’s Wenda? Contest. I am visiting all of the SITS followers. Can I do it? There are around 1000 followers. Oh my! Better grab my cup of coffee and get on my way. Be sure to visit Hot Chocolate Caramel Mocha and Three Bay B Chicks as part of your contest entry. -Wenda

Calista Quinn said...

Contratulations!!! Woo Hoo!!! Keep us updated! Seriously you deserve it, you give me my daily dose of smile everyday!