Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Our Last Day Together


Dear Potter and Scooter:

As you sleep, I anxiously await spending time with both of you today. See, tomorrow, you will both be off to your first day of school. While some mother's celebrate as if it's the new New Years Celebration; I quietly cry a tear.

Potter. You have surprised us all. You arrived into the world a little over 3 lbs. Today, your 42 lb. stature may still be a little small for a six year old, but you "give it hell everyday." I know you're a little confused as to where you fit this year. "Am I a First Grader, or am I repeating Kindergarten, you ask?"

Luckily, your school district has been wonderful. Grade Levels are just numbers Potter. Do what you've always done. "Give it Hell!"

Scooter. You have us all anxious about how exactly you will handle school. At only four years old, you've learned to verbalize your opinions loudly. You are compassionate, and will make a good friend. You will learn patience in time. But for now there are no limits to your ability. You have already proven that to Mommy.

I wish I could send you both to the same school this year, but things don't always work out as planned. I guess it is all meant to be. This will give me a little extra time in the morning with you since I will be your official school bus.

So what's the plan boys? How should we spend the last day of summer? Hide and seek? Ride bikes? Make wishes as we throw coins into a fountain?

I say we do it all!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

So sweet! I hope you have a wonderful day with your boys! Make some lasting memories!

Dropping in from SITS to say hello... ~Lanie

Kathy B! said...

I hope the transition back is smooth for all. It is surely a tough time of year for mommies!!

Neuffj said...

I love this post. I don't have kids yet... but I want them someday!!!! This is adorable! So heartfelt and full of emotion. I will be back! The Neuff

Jennifer said...

Mary! This made my heart hurt! I miss your boys now! LOL!

Julie from JulieChats said...

Great Post! I write a letter to my daughter the night before the first day of school each year, I do shed a few tears! This was my first year taking her to school without crying...she's in 3rd grade!

Hope you have a great week! I'm out leaving comments for all my followers!

http://juliechats.blogspot.com