Sunday, November 29, 2009

When Your Personal Trainer Calls It Quits!


Last July I joined the most wonderful gym. Sure, I've joined gyms before, but this one was different. I literally salivated as I was given the tour. It was pristine! Unlike anything I've ever seen.

To begin, I was greeted by a waterfall in the lobby. The gym even had it's own spa. It offered swimming lessons for my children (which was it's main selling point). In addition, it even offered to watch the boys for an hour while I worked out during the summer. This is the help I needed.

My membership included a personal trainer who designed an incredible workout. He even checks in with me regularly. Which unfortunately this month, ended up being, a not so good thing.

As I opened my email tonight I read the words: "Did not make your goal."

"What, how could that be?" I thought.

But then I thought some more:

Turkey, cornbread, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, pumpkin pie, lions and tigers and bears OH MY!

"What have I done?"

First thing Monday morning after I drop the kids off at school, guess where I'll be?

That's right, you guessed it, Dunkin Doughnuts!

Who couldn't use a nice hot cup of coffee before their workout?

5 comments:

rachel... said...

I don't think your trainer should be so harsh! I mean, you're keeping him in business, right??? He should be thanking you for not meeting your goals!

Unknown said...

Rachel is right. Stop being so hard on yourself!

ethelmaepotter! said...

A cup of coffee and...?
Would you work out enough for me, too, please?

Jane In The Jungle said...

ROFL, Oh man.....I'll see ya there!!

Jennifer said...

Ahahahahaaa! You got me good! I was just about to feel guilty for not having visited our gym since the summer ended! I think I may have to join you at DD! ;-)