Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My Dear NyQuil; How I Love Thee!

As a mother, no matter how many children you have, we always feel like we are taking care of someone else. If a child is sick, we are cleaning up the vomit. If our dog is sick, we are running it to the vet. If Hubby is sick, we are making soup. And so on, and so on.

Yesterday, I was sick. I was waiting for that magic Mommy to jump out from behind a doorway....she never did. I waited for her to say go lay on the couch while I finish the laundry, landscaping and carpooling....she never did. I waited for her to make dinner and drive the kids to Karate....still, no one showed up.

It finally occurred to me around 6pm last night, that I was going to need to pull this one off myself.

But when I pulled in the driveway after Karate classes, there sat the best site I had seen all day....Hubby's car. Yes, that meant he was home. My shift had ended. Right before I was about to drop over.

I didn't really need anyone to take care of me. I just needed someone to take care of all the stuff I normally was responsible for so that I could have time to regroup.

Around 2 hours later I sat on the couch sipping hot tea. Other nights, this would have been relaxing. But since my nose snot decided to run the 5K, I was anything but relaxed. Thank God for NyQuil.

I managed to have a decent night of sleep. I'm finally ready to take on the day. If it weren't for this NyQuil hangover I'm experiencing I probably would be much chipper.

Looks like a did get a hand after all.


Pam said...

When I get a cold, I drug with myself with Dayquil during the day and Nyquil at night. It's the only way to get through it. Feel better.

Maki said...

Aw I hope you're feeling better! It sucks when us mothers get sick - not many people can take care of us, you know? I tend to turn to Zicam when I feel like I'm getting sick. I feel better the next day..

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog the other day - pleas stay in touch!


ethelmaepotter! said...

I hear ya!

I remember a time when I had strep throat, followed by pneumonia. I couldn't get out of bed for over a week. My children were toddlers at the time. Yes, my husband took over, but they ate McDonald's all week long, they wore the same outfits for I know three days, even sleeping in them, and when I finally got up and roamed about, my dear sweet hubby had left a week's worth of trash, all neatly bagged and waiting for me to take it to the cans!

Hope you get over your cold and hangover soon...I've been there, done that, and I don't which is worse.