Sunday, February 28, 2010

March is Here!


There's something about the arrival of March that gets me excited. Despite the snow covered ground, I know that the treat of Spring is just around the corner.

The Philadelphia Flower Show is in town, and unfortunately I will not be able to make it this year. I always look forward to getting some new ideas for the landscape. I'll just have to cross my fingers that the rose bushes survived all this snow. Last summers rain gave them an awful fungus which stuck around till August. And the year before that, those darn beetles ate them for breakfast. I don't claim to have a green thumb, so I could sure use a little help from Mother Nature every now and again.

There's another possible snow storm on the horizon. Everyone is hoping it goes the other way, but our recent luck with the white stuff leaves me thinking the kids will be home again another day this week with Mommy.

Is anyone else out there having a problem with all this snow. If so, are you getting anything done. I have a list a mile long, and something tells me I won't get to the bottom until the official announcement of Summer!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am SO ready for spring! We are lucky that all are snow is about gone at this moment--but that could change quickly; this is Maine after all.

ethelmaepotter! said...

We greeted March with yet more snow, but this one didn't stick, thank goodness! AND we have 60's in the forecast for the weekend!!!!! A friend at work who lives south of Nashville said she has buttercups coming up in her yard, so I do believe spring is here at last...and not a moment too soon, as I am officially about to go BONKERS!