Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mommy Maestro Gets Fit!!


"I'll start my diet next week." I have been saying this line for way to long. Unfortunately, it is just a line. The action comes and goes. It usually comes in the form of pulling a wagon, pushing a bike, or standing on the back of a scooter with my little guy. It is never consistent, and once my heart rate rises just above the heart attack zone, I level off and again become one with my blog.


I promised myself that I would get in shape for my brother's wedding. And here it is upon us next weekend. It's close to impossible to drop that 10lbs now. I'm thinking 2lbs. at best.

My ever supportive husband did it once again, and surprised me for Mother's Day. He said: "I'm not sure if you're going to like your gift; it has something to do with exercise!" As I ripped through the tissue paper, I couldn't be more excited. Inside the the large pink bag was my new Wii Fit. Yippee!

The boys were equally excited. Maybe because as they are getting older, they are finally learning the art of surprise. For one of the first times I can remember, neither one tried to reveal my present.

I've decided to set a slow pace and give myself 2 months to reach the 10lb. goal. But if it all comes off this week, who am I to complain?

The kids dominated the machine today, and boy was it fun! We hula-hooped, tight roped, and even dodged sneakers being thrown at our heads. What a great Mother's Day.

Well it's Mommy's turn tomorrow boys. I can hardly wait to see where our next adventure takes us.

Stay tuned for the latest weight lost news: Will Mommy Maestro be able to obtain her goal or will Dunkin Doughnut's stock plummet once they find out their number one customer is no longer buying muffins?


4 comments:

Rita Barakat said...

Yay! Good for you! (literally!LOL!) I have been trying to loose 10 pounds( now turned into 20 ) for 17 years! LOL! Ok not really trying but wishing them away - and it is NOT working! I'll have to try a different strategy! On a different note thanks for leaving me a sweet note on my blog! Off to look around!

Kathy B! said...

Great news! I hope you are more successful than I... Does gardening count as exercise? How about the finger motions from blogging?? Lifting the remote?!

sigh.

Single Mama NYC said...

Ooooh, lucky woman! I'd been thinking about getting the Wii Fit but couldn't talk myself into spending the money. Of course, if it was money I'd be spending for my son I would've spent it already. Lol! Have fun!!!

Kat said...

Was gone this weekend. Hope you had a great VGNO!