Sunday, March 28, 2010

No More Character Sneakers


It's official. My boys are growing up.

How do I know you ask? Well, it's like this.

This past weekend we took the boys sneaker shopping. As usual, I pointed out the cool Spider Man sneakers. But then I saw the Toy Story sneakers and just fell in love. How cute would they look on Scooter?

It was then that I was informed that the boys wanted "Daddy Sneakers."

What are Daddy Sneakers, I thought. Daddy doesn't have Buzz Lightyear or Woody the Cowboy on his sneakers. He just wears those same plain jane sneaks with the race stripe down the side.

"My friends don't wear character sneakers anymore." Potter said.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. He is only six years old. And to make matters worse, his little brother was following suit.

I remember those days not so long ago when Mommy got to make the decisions: Cute outfits, cute hats, and of course, cute shoes.

I was outnumbered 3 to 1.

I knew they were going to grow. That's just a given. But I just wasn't ready for how fast they would be doing it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's so cute. You can't keep them from growing up, Mommy! lol

Controlling My Chaos said...

Grrrrr. It's so annoying when they start making their own decisions. I'm slowly losing that battle myself. :(