In only two months, I will have been a Mother for seven years. Hard to believe it's been that long already. For many of you out there, it's been much longer than that.
It's funny how in just that short amount of time, how much one can learn. Here are some of my favorite highlights:
1) No matter how much you spend on a toy. Your three year old would prefer to play with the box instead.
2) Children will run a high fever all day, but will wait until you're dead asleep to vomit all over their bed sheets.
3) Before I had children I took hot showers for granted. Now I just hope for a hot shower.
4) Great Mother's feed their children fruit. The rest of us think the man who created Pop Tarts is a genius.
5) Tornadoes are covered by insurance. Tantrums aren't.
6) No matter how far you force your body into the dryer; the vortex that stole your sock will also one day steal your child's favorite toy, the last drop of milk, your car keys and your mind.
7) No matter what you may think of her; the best babysitter for your children will always be your mother.
8) A half hour of cartoons does the soul good.
9) Prefer whine over wine once in a while. Some things can't be preserved.
10) The best presents you will receive for Mother's Day are the ones without wrapping.
May you all have a Blessed Mother's Day!