Sunday, July 26, 2009

Confessions from a "True Blood" Mom


I love the summer months. I am truly a tropical woman trapped in a cold state. Well, it's not cold here all the time. We actually reached 90 degrees in PA yesterday. We threw a graduation party for my cousin. Everyone enjoyed the pool, and we couldn't have asked for better weather.

On the flip side, one of my pet peeves of summer is the television. You either have a choice of repeats or reality TV. While I'm writing this post, my husband is watching Big Brother in the background. Big Brother is one of the few reality shows that I don't mind as much. My husband and I often joke that we began watching episode 1 when we were dating (Who would have thought this show would last that long). The good news is that we have lasted (7 years this August).

I have only 15 minutes to finish this post. Why you ask? It's True Blood night on HBO. I've truly lost my mind. It was my brother in law that first told us about this show last season. I was hooked right away. I'm not usually into the whole vampire scene. I stopped watching horror movies right after the Scream series when Hollywood tried to sell us on the thought that the new serial killers were gorgeous teenagers who looked better on magazine covers than dressed in a black cloak wearing a funny mask.

Only 4 minutes left (I type slow). Anyway, if you haven't watched it yet, give True Blood a try. Make sure the kids are asleep. Definitely, an adult only show.

Two minutes. Got to go. Let me know if you watched!

3 comments:

Kathy B! said...

Boo! I'm too cheap to subscribe to HBO, so I'll have to live vicariously through you!

Suzann said...

I don't have any pay channels, so I cannot check out True Blood. Bummer. I do watch Big Brother though. Enjoy your summer!
Popping in from SITS to say HI!!

Sarah Brown said...

I used to live in Pa..now desert rats living in Az..much better weather.